I’m back with a recipe (my version) and I promise you that this is literally the easiest and quickest pasta I have EVER made, with no compromise in taste. Did I also mention that it’s healthy? It’s been quite a while since I took over the kitchen and a video that popped up on my Facebook newsfeed tempted me to get back, so here goes..
This page Tasty by the way, is life changing – https://www.facebook.com/buzzfeedtasty
Here’s my version of a one pot pasta:
1 cup wholewheat pasta (penne, spaghetti, whatever you like)
1 small onion, finely chopped
6-8 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
2 tomatoes, diced (you want big chunks)
1 zucchini, diced
Handful of basil
Handful of spinach
Juice of half a lemon
1 tsp chilli flakes
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Add the onion, garlic, tomatoes, zucchini, basil and spinach to a pot. Add the pasta, sprinkle over salt, pepper and chilli flakes.
2. Drizzle 2 tbsp olive oil over this and 3 cups of water.
3. Bring to a boil, stirring continuously.
4. Continue adding water (sparingly as needed)
5. Your pasta will take about 25 mins to be cooked. Keep your eyes on the pot and stir intermittently after it begins to boil. Nothing kills your dish like overcooked pasta.
6. Once ready, squeeze in the lemon juice and mix well.
7. Add some basil leaves on top and serve fresh.
This pasta must be served fresh. Enjoy!