It’s been a while since I last posted a recipe of my own so I decided to do one today. I came up with this during my University days because as the saying goes ‘necessity is the mother of all inventions!’ Hunger pangs and a shortage of time led to this 😀 It’s one the easiest dishes to put together and can be a made as a starter when you have guests to entertain or when you have a perfectionist of a younger sibling that thankfully, loves your cooking.
This recipe serves 4-6 people.
All you will need:
2 packets baby potatoes (washed)
3 large cloves of garlic (finely chopped)
10-12 leaves of spinach (washed and dried)
2 sprigs of basil (optional)
3 tsp dried rosemary (if you have it fresh, nothing like it)
1 tbsp olive oil
A pinch of salt
A couple of black olives
1. Pre-heat the oven at 180 degrees Celsius.
2. Par boil the potatoes in a large pot. If using the pressure cooker, one whistle shall do suffice. Wait until they cool, then cut into halves.
3. In a baking/oven tray, toss in the potatoes, garlic,rosemary, spinach and basil leaves. Drizzle the olive oil and sprinkle the salt.
4. Toss well but carefully so as to ensure that the potatoes do not break.
5. Bake at 180 degrees for 40 minutes or until the potatoes have roasted and the spinach leaves are nice and crisp.
6. That’s all !
Top with chopped olives and serve hot.
You can also add 2 tbsp of pesto sauce (once the potatoes have been roasted and cooled) and coat them well. In this case, avoid the basil leaves.
Do write to me at email@example.com once you give this a try! I’d love to hear from you.